Monday, March 18, 2013

Renewed Spirit

It's been quite sometime since I last blogged. There were a number of things that kept popping up in my mind. I ended up posted a number of them on my Facebook status instead. Had been meaning to use them in one of the blog write up but decided against it.

I'm truly happy to have an online network of friends that are not only kind and constantly cheer me up but very intelligent and well read. These friends truly gave me a sense of belonging in a world that have always made me feel like an alien.

Thus, I decided to pen this very short piece. I thank God. After the last few days, to see the messages from friends and to think things through, I finally realised that every trials are presented to smooth out my character, just as sand are used to smooth out a piece of rock or the surface of metals or wood. Yes, I needed to change for me, not for anyone else. To change from the inside out, so that God could use me as an instrument. To release control of myself over to Him, to look at others with love, to look for their goodness and forgive even the unforgivable.

Thank you my friends for the encouraging words. Thank you Lord for this renewed spirit. Thank you Lord for bringing these friends into my life and showing me that life is more than just pain and loneliness.

1 comment:

Physics Reader said...

There are two things in life that cannot be bought, and are more important to ones happiness and serenity than any amount of money. Family and Friends.