Sunday, January 13, 2013

Reminisce 2012... Onwards 2013

I know it's a tad late. It's been so many moons since I last blogged. Things had been happening over the past few months. All 3 remaining grandparents of mine have passed away, leaving so suddenly, creating 3 vacuums in their trail. It was painful because each of them had been getting older and more and more frail throughout that time, each probably feeling helpless as their body grew less and less able, and unable to relate that to anyone of us. Like I've said before, life has no 'if'. They are gone, and that's that.  ... :-(

Now that they are gone, it is more important to keep memories of them. So, 2012 ended on a sad note, with the final farewell to my maternal grandma, the last of my grandparents to finally move on.

Come 2013, things seems to have started on a long coma. It was still depressing, with too much sadness lingering every now and then. Even now, it still hurts. But, life has to move on.

Marching on in 2013, I hope and prayed I'd be a better person, I will love more, care more and forgive more. I better keep this in mind for constant reminder because life is short and sudden. What exist today and right now, may disappear the very next minute. So, cherish life and those around us so that when the time comes, when we bid farewell, we can cry together, grief together and know and remember that we have memories of each other to keep with us.

Farewell, po po, gong gong, jia jia. I hope and prayed that those pain all over the body no longer hurts anymore and you all are in a happier place.

As for those of us that remained behind, let us be strengthen and treasure the memory of each of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post. I never knew my grandparents. My mothers parents were killed by the Nazis when she was 10. I never really knew my fathers grandparents. I am now a grandparent to 4, and I think a lot about what kind of legacy I should leave for these young children. I try very very hard to make sure that my grandchildren know that I love them now and will always love them unconditionally. I want them to know that my house is always a safe house where they can know that nobody will judge them and they can say whatever they wish. It is their parents job to raise them, it is MY job to give them that feeling of happiness when they are with me. I will more than likely not be around when they are grandparents, so I must show them now what grandparents mean.
Your grandparents instilled something in you, otherwise you would not have written what you did. Know that they are all together in a place of eternal joy and that one day you will see them again.

Amos :)