Sunday, June 3, 2012

... Failed recipe... or maybe not


This past week been playing more with the whisk… failure after failure… as well as causing lots of havoc... ;-) … Actually, felt more like a kid playing cooking or was it baking? Hmmmm… anyway, I hope to concentrate more on the gardening, the cooking and baking thing, although as of now, while gardening is in progress (hopefully, plss, plss), baking and cooking is errrr hmmmm…. :P… I’m a complete havoc in the kitchen, plus the fact that I focus more on the clean-up, (yes, I hate leaving things dirty – they make me stressful), learn, I must…through youtube and trials, hopefully…

This past week, the Lord is also, slowly but surely, teaching me to verbalise my thoughts. I struggled and felt naked, exposed, insecure that my deepest feelings had to come out, and yet having kept all those things inside my heart had been nothing short of torture. I was never myself, and could never seem to voice up no matter what. I talk a lot, yeah, crappy stuff, but when it comes to things that touched my heart dearly, I was holding out, not wanting to part with the last bit of me. But now, I’m learning that encouragement could come my way through my verbalizing my inner thoughts. Yes, there will be stumbling blocks, no doubt, but failure is but only a stepping stone on our path to reach that goal planted from ABOVE ON HIGH.

Next up, what’s on the list… Answer – I have no idea. Like always, I am leaving it to Him to decide whichever way He wants me. All I want to do was to be in on His plan for this universe, for people, for me.

I pray that as I realized that the only way to start on that next path is to lift my leg from that previous stone. I may be fragile, never agile, but Your hands will lift me up as and when I allow You to. Should I allow that pathetic shyness to stop me ever? No, having that feeling, struggling in all those things, like mom said, was meant to make me the person that I am so that I could empathise with others. And empathy is the most important element if I am to ever reach out. It is not about wanting to be appreciated for some personal grandiose. It is all about wanting to be able to touch someone’s life, help someone who’s in the pit of darkness, and that goodness will be carried forward to help others too. I plead that Your hand will keep molding me and take away the hardness in my heart, and that You will restore my compassion, that each of those past hurts will be a lesson to remember of Your faithfulness to me while I was alone in all that.

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Failure after failure.....I think not! Wreaking havoc....that can be fun!

Don't be so hard on yourself Sweetheart, cooking is not a virtue, though fat and lazy people may disagree....it will come with time, lots of patience, practice and maybe an occasional ill tummy!....One thing in your favor is that our bodies have the tremendous ability to heal itself! So don't sweat the small stuff. Plus, eating raw is much better for you anyway.....so why even learn to cook? Hey, works for me!

.........And how is the garden going?

So how did that work for you this week in verbalizing your thoughts?

While learning to verbalize one's self can be mastered, have you ever thought of the impact of not telling someone, for example, that you love them. Love is an extremely powerful emotion. Love can literally move mountains and make men do incredible things they normally couldn't do. Love also can enrich the lives of others around you, thus in turn, enriching your own life. Try it and see.

One thing not written in that handbook of life we never receive is that a true friend wants you to be the very best that you can be in everything you do. By not telling a special person that you love them, you in effect cheat that person from being the best they can be. (see above paragraph)and you cheat yourself, because love really does come back around enriching your own life.

Learning to verbalize certain thoughts can be difficult, but by learning these skills, you really do enrich your life and the lives of others making "The Journey" or the "Path" just that much more substantial and rewarding.

Considering myself to be a "Man among Men" ChiewYeee, I have no issues whatsoever in telling you "I Love You".

So, How does that make you feel? You don't have to answer, I already know. Why then in the world would I ever cheat you of this, I wouldn't, I want you to be the best that you can be!

Love you ChiewYee, I really do, you could literally make me move mountains

Lynn

ChiewYee Toh said...

Hmmmm, move mountains huhh??...

You already know how I feel, right?.... ;-)You have helped me tremendously even within this short period of time that we connected. Thanks for your encouraging me so much and for doing so much to bring out my personality. Yeah, I should verbalize my intent as it will bring out and encourage each other as well as reducing the miscommunication

ChiewYee Toh said...

And Lynn.... Yeah, I love you, too..... :D

Lynn said...

Will you promise to tell me that everyday?

Lynn said...

For the rest of My Life?

Lynn said...

Yes, Move mountains.........and you have no idea

ChiewYee Toh said...

Tell you that everyday? Of course, that is, if you really want me by your side telling you that...

Hmmm... move mountains, you moved my heart already... :-)

Lynn said...

I couldn't think of anything that would make me happier!

ChiewYee Toh said...

You know it'll be my pleasure to say... "I love you"... if it will give you additional energy in pursuit of your dreams

Lynn said...

My dream would be serving Christ with you by my side wherever it may be.

ChiewYee Toh said...

Hmmmm... sounds like a grand plan you have there

Lynn said...

Can you think of anything any better?

ChiewYee Toh said...

Nope... In fact, that plan is the Best of the Best that there is for us to do... :-)

Lynn said...

Then let's do it!